Thursday, January 7, 2010

I moved into a new apartment and the carpet seemed clean but when I vaccuum white powder fills the vacuum?

new vaccuum; nice apartment; seems like sheetrock dustI moved into a new apartment and the carpet seemed clean but when I vaccuum white powder fills the vacuum?
What does the powder smell like?





Could it be those fragrant carpet powders??I moved into a new apartment and the carpet seemed clean but when I vaccuum white powder fills the vacuum?
maybe they remodelled before you moved in. this happens a lot. You'll have to vacuum several times to remove this dust... it's awful and gets everywhere.
try vacuuming up as much as you can first.try using a shop vac. then you may have to rent a steam cleaner. this could be from constuction which may take a while to clear.
If it's a fine white powder, it's most likely carpet powders. (The stuff you shake onto carpets and then vacuum up. However, most of it always remains in the carpet, which is kinda gross and why I never use it.) All I can suggest is to just vacuum A LOT to get rid of it.
It sounds like carpet fresh carpet deodorizer to me. Or it could just be plain baking soda. Alot of people do this to get rid of odors.

No comments:

Post a Comment