Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I use a utility cart for powder room decor? Need some opinions/advice?

Please click on the link below


http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/anm1621/detail?.dir=edffscd%26amp;.dnm=637cscd.jpg%26amp;.src=ph





I am thinking of decorating my powder room with a spin. :) I am not sure if this will look tacky, or might be able to wing it. My utility cart is wider than this one approx. 3ft x 1ft. And if there is a consensus, then I plan to decorate with candles, towels, magazines, orchid etc. But, can't decide, whether it's a good idea? I haven't painted the walls as yet.Can I use a utility cart for powder room decor? Need some opinions/advice?
That is very cool looking. If your shelves are open like the one shown, you might have glass cut the size of your shelf so nothing would fall threw. I would use the handles to hang towels on, use more chrome in your room, like a waste paper basket, get a bigger bucket and out your excess toilet paper rolls in,get chrome plated container for your orchids, and tooth brush holder and candle holders. Hand a few crystals on your pots, like the ones for a chandelier for sparkle. Have fun.Can I use a utility cart for powder room decor? Need some opinions/advice?
go for it :)
Until I looked at the picture I thought it would be bad news. But I am convinced it is OK. Make sure it isn't too big so it doesn't look out of scale for the room size.





When you said utility card at first I thought you meant the thing with the bucket and mop holders that the janitors use.
Oh I love that. It's fresh and modern looking and the stainless steel look could easily be softened with a stack of light colored cream or white fluffy towels. You could also add frosted plexiglass cut to fit the top of the shelves for a slightly different look. Since you haven't painted yet, if you like the new shades of light blue( or light lavender) they'd really complement the silver of the cart. Cream or white colored accents ( like a tradtional vase with silk flowers) on top of the cart will also nicely accent the silver tone of the cart as well as the freshness of the blue on the walls.Have fun with it!
I think it would look cool ! Another tip if you like this sort of thing.....I don't know what you're going to put on the cart, but depending on how large it is, you could put white lacy handkerchiefs on it.....or if that's too small, then you could possibly use a white lace table cloth to either cover it.....or fold it and use as a decoration on the shelf. There are SO many ideas......you dont' even have to use white......use whatever is in your color scheme. I'd have a hay day with that :) Have fun for me !
well u know what, u can absolutely use any thing u want to decorate ur powder room. here's what i suggest:


#1 paint ur room


#2 paint ur cart in a contrasting color


#3 put ur candles and stuff in the way u want them


#4 live with it awhile to see how u like it.


If u decide u don't like it, i don't think u will have put that much money into it that it will break ur bank. good luck


#2
I am so sorry to disagree with everyone, however, please do not use that cart in your power room. It is what it is...a utility cart. Leave it at that.





Buy a nice piece of furniture for the bath. Horchow has amazing ideas or you can try homeclick. If those are too expensive go to garage sales and second hand stores to find something more suitable. Even target would have something if you wanted to be more contemporary.





Your concern was that the utility cart would look tacky and the answer is yes.





Best wishes and Good luck to you.
  • adult acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment