Thursday, December 24, 2009

Does anyone else crave to put baby powder in their mouth?

I am 37 weeks pregnant and I like to powder my heiny with baby powder. When I smell the power I imagine that I would like to have the flavor in my mouth. I am not going to do this because I know I will not get the satisfaction that I imagine.


I would just like to know if anyone else has a strange craving like this.Does anyone else crave to put baby powder in their mouth?
I've had it to.... Quite strange. It was really like ';oh i want to EAT this!'; I didn't know if it was bad though.Does anyone else crave to put baby powder in their mouth?
I haven't gotten any cravings yet but in my research I did read about some pregnant women craving non-edible things that contain minerals and some other things. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I believe the article said that this happens because you aren't getting enough of it in your diet.
No, I haven't but I did read in What To Expect When Expecting that this does happen with some women. It said that some women actually start craving to taste tar and chalk.. at least you know not to do it but if you feel the urge to do it, speak to your OB or midwife right away.
That sounds like PICA, and you need to see the doctor right away if you begin having any of those cravings. Many women are not able to restrain themselves from actually tasting the things they have cravings for when they have PICA, so just get help before it gets worse. Good luck.
Cravings for non-food items (like dirt, clay, detergent and yes, baby powder) are called PICA and it's serious during pregnancy. Phone your doctor.





PS Why are you powdering your behind as a grown woman?
go talk to your doctor. you might have pica which is a disrorder in which you crave non food items. its usually caused by a vitamin or mineral deficiency. it can be easily treated.
Um...not me. I don't use baby powder because I'M NOT A MOTHER!





LIQUID GENERATION--SABOTAGE!





You are #2 on my saboteur list.
you should tell your doctor. ive heard that strange cravings like that could indicate that your missing something in your diet or that theres another problem.
That is called PICA and you should notify your doctor right away.





Its a sign of vitamin/mineral deficiency.






Every time I bleed I have to suck the blood away...interesting flavor...
No but that is an actual condition you should talk to your doctor about, it is called PICA
umm....no
hahaha i dont know about that one....





....good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment