Thursday, December 24, 2009

What can I use instead of Baking powder?

I am making pancakes and I need baking powder, but we don't have any. Can I use baking soda?????What can I use instead of Baking powder?
You can use Baking Powder.








Both baking soda and baking powder are leavening agents, which means they are added to baked goods before cooking to produce carbon dioxide and cause them to 'rise'. Baking powder contains baking soda, but the two substances are used under different conditions.What can I use instead of Baking powder?
BAKING POWDER 鈥?There are three ways you can substitute for baking powder, depending on the recipe:





1 teaspoon baking powder equals 1/4 teaspoon baking soda plus 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar; or,





1 teaspoon baking powder equals 1/2 teaspoon baking soda plus 1/2 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt:





and 1 teaspoon baking powder also equals 1/4 teaspoon baking soda plus 1/3 cup molasses. When using the substitutions that include liquid, reduce other liquid in recipe accordingly.
No I dont think you can. Just use flour, milk, and a flavoring if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment