Monday, December 28, 2009

How soon can u use baby powder or creams on a newborn?

when i was at the hospital (after birth) my baby got a little rash on her bottom and the nurses told us not to put anything on the baby because the baby was too small! is this true or can i put baby powder on my baby?How soon can u use baby powder or creams on a newborn?
You should be able to use diaper cream right away. I wouldn't use any powder unless you sprinkle it only on the diaper and away from the baby as the powder can cause lung/breathing problems. Powder isn't worth walking away from your baby to sprinkle it on a diaper on the other side of the room.How soon can u use baby powder or creams on a newborn?
You can use Vaseline and diaper creams right away. There is no reason why you would not be able to. It is alright to use cornstarch baby powder, but never the talc ones which have been shown to cause cancer. The cornstarch ones are alright to use.
I wouldn't put powder on a baby, ever! And I'd only use zinc and castor oil cream or something similar if my baby got a rash. Don't use it as a preventative, because their precious, delicate skin doesn't need cream put on it for no reason!
I think it would be ok, but you have to wonder how the baby got a rash so soon after being born. You might want to try switching brands of diapers if the rash is still there, different brands of diapers may irritate babies skin.
No, but I would be careful of what kind of powder I used. I suggest Johnson's baby powder with corn meal its the best. Makes sure it does not get in the baby's face as it can cause respiratory problems if breathed in.
zinc cream or vaseline go for it .. baby poweder NO!





http://www.helium.com/items/1273739-what鈥?/a>
I just had my baby 4 days ago and at the hospital all of the nurses said it is not a goo idea to use baby powder, especially since I have a girl.
Actually, baby powder shouldn't be used on Baby.... The talcum powder poses a risk to the baby's lungs. I began using plain, white petroleum jelly on my daughter at about 4 days.
WELL I NEVER PUT BABYPOWDER ON MY SON BECAUSE THAT STUFF GETS EVERYWHERE..BUT I ALWAYS USED THE CREAM OR BABY VASILINE..THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I COULD USE THOSE 2 RIGHT AWAY
i know your not suppose to use powder. But my newborn got a rash right after i had her because she couldnt handle the formula and my doc told me i could use balmex.
I never use baby powder and feel that it's unneccessary. You can use a cream at any time.
God if your asking this question I hate to see what kind of questions u gonna have in the future...





NO do not use baby powder use Zinc or Vaseline
no that's not true, you can use the powder or the cream as soon as they're born.

No comments:

Post a Comment