Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is powder detergents bad to use in dishwashers & washing machines?

Ive' been using powder detergents in my household machines now for a few months %26amp; a friend told me that they can clog them up. Is that true?Is powder detergents bad to use in dishwashers %26amp; washing machines?
I have never heard of that before. It would seem to me that when you wash your whites in hot water--the hot water would dissolve any soap that is left in the machine therefore preventing your machine from clogging up. The only bad thing about using powder detergents is that sometimes they do not dissolve like they should in the washer. Consumers Reports say that liquid detergents do get your clothes cleaner than powder. If you are worried about clogging up your machine by using powder just measure your soap and dump into a bucket and fill the bucket with some hot water to dissolve the soap before you dump into the machine. You do not have to fill the bucket all the way to the top to get it to dissolve.Is powder detergents bad to use in dishwashers %26amp; washing machines?
It depends on your water. If you have very hard water in could give you problems.
I always used powder cheer in my washer because I was told that the liquid detergents clog the machine. For the past three years I've used liquid cheer and have yet to have a problem.
I don't have dishwasher inside my house





I have washing machine inside the house ';parents house';





I use powder to wash with I use on cold, warm, hot water





I just add 1 cup that all that needed. I don't need to use more.





I believe you get your true money worth because liquid is 50% water


as compare to powder me more of chemicals.





Plus in my experience it wash out stain much better


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

I have not seen liquid work to remove stain just was well as lot of people claim in the this forum
No they're fine. It's just that if the detergent gets damp because you store the box in a damp place, like under the sink, it won't work as well and will ';cake up.';


Oddly, I find it sometimes cakes, or doesn't fully dissolve, in the dishwasher. I have no idea what causes that.


It's just a matter of how well things get washed, not having any effect on your pipes.
The only thing that I've experienced from using powder detergents in


the dishwashers and/or washing machines is that sometimes you


might use a little too much detergents in these appliances from time to


time. But you can easily correct this by running them through a second rinse cycle.
In dishwashers, it's OK - but in the washer you should use a liquid unless you wash in warm or hot all the time.
Personally I prefer liquid, but have heard that powder clogs things up.
They aren't bad in washing machines and dishwashers as long as you don't use more than needed. It would also be a good idea to run an empty machine with a cup of vinegar in it to clean the machine of any residue.


However, if you have a septic tank, it's better to use liquids in the washer, the dishwasher and bathing. The powdered detergents and bar soaps contain ingredients that can upset the bacteria balance in a septic system.
You know....powder detergents have been around a lot longer than the liquid ones. I always put it in the washer first then the water and let it swish around a bit before adding the clothes, just to make sure it dissolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment